The candidate must have been born in Summit County, Ohio or resided, worked in and/or had been a student in Summit County for a minimum of three (3) years.
A candidate shall have been a viable contributor in a recognized sport at the POST-HIGH SCHOOL LEVEL . This requirement does not apply to officials.
- The nominee must meet the following requirements for consideration:
- Has been a participating member of a recognized team that won a conference/league, state, national or international athletic championship.
- Has been selected All-Conference or has been a recipient of an individual athletic award or honor on a conference/league, state, national or international level. Also, a nominee can be considered if he or she was a viable contributor on a Division I or Division I-AA team.
- A nominee may be considered on the basis of his or her athletic performance at the professional level.
- A non-athlete, such as an owner, founder, administrator and/or a comparable role in athletics, may be nominated if, in the opinion of the SCSHOF Committee, the candidate made a significant and noteworthy contribution to athletics on a local, statewide, national and/or international level.
- If the nominee is an athlete, a minimum of five (5) years must have elapsed from the date of the candidate’s participation in the sport for which he or she is nominated.
- A sports official may be nominated on the basis of his or her performance if he or she has a minimum of ten (10) years of service at the high school and/or post high school level.
- Complete the online Nomination Form (link below).
- E-mail the following to Screening Committee Chair, Jerry Laria. Also, include "SCSHOF Nominee" in the email subject.
- Attach a letter from the nominee's collegiate alma mater's sports information director verifying the nominee's records/statistics.
Include or attach any additional supporting documentation (i.e. newspaper clippings, testimonials, photographs, etc.).
The completed application, including all the above mentioned items, must be submitted by Thursday, March 19, 2020.
Continue to nomination form »